Schedule of Events
2014 Festival dates are September 27th and 28th
Festival held rain or shine!
Download the Festival Map. [PDF]
There are cash prizes to be won at the festival this year.
Download the flyer [PDF] for more details.
- Performances of Music, Dance and Poetry
- Narrative Stage (Panel Discussions and Author Readings)
- Kid's Area (Family Performances)
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Contests (Scallop Shucking, Net Mending, Survival Suit Race, Rilleting, Link Squeezing)
- Coast Guard Demos
- Harbor Tours
- Author Readings
- Whaleboat Races
- Tugboat Muster
- Blessing of the Fleet
- A Working Waterfront Exhibit (Wharfinger Building, Fisherman's Wharf / Pier 3)
- Festival Store (Fisherman's Wharf)
- Big Boats, Little Boats, model boats and boat building (Coast Guard Park)
- Coast Guard Exhibits & Vessel Tours (Fisherman's Wharf, Coast Guard Park & State Pier)
- Farmers Market (State Pier)
- Fishing Vessel Tours (Fisherman's Wharf & Coast Guard Park)
- Festival Souvenirs (Fisherman's Wharf & Steamship Pier)
- Industry Exhibits (Steamship Pier)
- Kids Area (nautical crafts, Steamship Pier)
- Maritime Artisans Marketplace (Fisherman's Wharf)
- Non-profit Exhibits (Steamship Pier/Fisherman's Wharf)
- Occupational Demos (Steamship Pier)
- Self-Guided Walking Tours (depart from Wharfinger Building)
If you are interested in helping to plan, participating in or contributing financial or in-kind resources to the Festival please contact the Festival Committee at email@example.com or call 508-993-8894.
Experience an authentic, commercial fishing community . . .
- Tour commercial fishing boats, tugboats, Coast Guard Vessels and historic vessels.
- Listen to the fishing community share stories of their lives, skills and experiences.
- Watch demonstrations of net mending, trap making, fish filleting and more.
- Enjoy performances of music, dance, poetry, and theater.
- Hear maritime authors read from their works.
- Try your hand at knot tying, net mending and other skills.
Walk in the fisherman's boots for a day. . .
- See demonstrations by galley cooks, fisherman's wives and local chefs.
- Observe The Blessing of the Fleet.
The Working Waterfront Festival will present the many popular activities of past years including performances of music, dance and poetry; demonstrations and contests of industry skills; tours of workboats; documentary films and footage at sea; cooking demonstrations; author readings; children's activities; U.S. Coast Guard demos; Tug Boat Muster; whaleboat races, and more!
Harbor Tours are offered at a discounted rate during the Festival weekend.
Food and beverages are available for sale with proceeds benefiting the Working Waterfront Festival.